What is in an EGG? We all know that an egg is one of the greatest gifts to man. But do you know that It’s also one of the greatest gifts to Basset Hound (and cats if you have cats)?
DID YOU KNOW? An Egg is one of the greatest gifts to Basset Hounds (and cats if you have cats)
1 large chicken egg contains the following vitamins (For a Daily Count):
• 6-8 grams of protein and all the essential amino acids required for dogs.
• ALL the Vitamin A
• Vitamin D
• Vitamin E
• Vitamin B1
• Vitamin B6
• Vitamin B12
1 large chicken egg contains the following minerals (For a Daily Count)
1 large chicken egg membrane contains enough nutrients for the joints (the slimy white coating of a hard-boiled egg) (For a Daily Count)
• Hyaluronic Acid
• Choline (an essential nutrient for pets and serves many important functions. However, dogs and cats cannot produce enough choline to meet all their requirements, and need additional dietary source)
The safest way to feed your dog an egg a day is hard boiled (because of the threat of salmonella, although, feeding your dog a raw egg is the BEST and overall healthiest way). I find that dogs generally LOVE a hardboiled egg every day.
However below you will find a recipe to quick dry them for a treat.
AND don’t discount the eggshell, it’s the uterus of the egg and contains a whole lotta good vitamins. IF your dog will not eat the shell, be sure to add the shell to your garden bed, the soil will eat it up (in a good way) and keep the snails at bay.
An egg a day will not compensate for a NuVet tablet, they do noteven compare, so be sure to give your dog BOTH a NuVet and Egg each day. AND, again, IF your dog is older than 5-years of age, add a NuVet JOINT tablet as well. The NuVet contains MUCH MORE and MANY MORE vitamins, nutrients then an egg, it contains ALL the minerals and vitamins that are lacking in a dog’s proper diet. And egg a day is awesome to give to puppies to seniors.
1. Hard boil an egg, peel, and remove the membrane (feed the membrane and shell to your dog), slice the egg in treat size pieces
2. Arrange the slices on parchment paper that has been put on an oven proof baking pan.
3. Set oven to the lowest setting and cook for 2-3 hours or until the slices become hard.
4. Cool and treat away.
Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-days.